What Is a Custom Domain?
Domain names serve as a unique identifier on the internet
that classifies Internet Protocol (IP). For websites, they act as an address or a
location as well as a tool for naming and branding a company’s internet
identity. If you have this one, you will be identified easier together with the
products that you sell and services that offer. This could also be an identity
for those who would like to write good contents and share to tons of readers
online. With domain names, you will surely be discovered. Domain names are
formed by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name System (DNS).
The best thing to do is customizing
your domain name. This is a very good way for you to be able to maximize your
identity online. A well –customized domain can be used for several purposes and
can gain higher favor from search engines.
Custom Domain Names can be searched and purchased on domain
registrars such as godaddy.com, for more information about setting up a domain
name, refer to Set Up a Custom Domain. If you already bought a custom
domain from Namecheap you may visit my other tutorial about setting up of custom domain for
from theblogservices.blogspot.com to theblogservices.net
When you purchase a domain from Godaddy.com, they assign an IP address (A record and CNAME record) for the domain. Hence, you need to change those records to point to your Blogger.com blog. This post can help you to change the A and CNAME records of your Godaddy account.
How to set up Godaddy Custom Domain for Blogs
Follow the steps given below to set up Godaddy Custom Domain for Blogs:
1. Login to your Godaddy account and click on the My Account tab.
2. Under Domains, you will see the list of your domain names. Click on LAUNCH of your desired domain. You’ll be directed to the Domain Manager page.
2. At the bottom of the Domain Control Panel, you will see a section under the heading DNS Zone file, where you can edit the DNS configuration of your domain by clicking the Launch link
3. Under the A(Host) Tab of the DNS manager, enter the 5 IP addresses as below, one-by-one, using the Quick add button, to change the A records.
The final settings should look like the image below in settinng up Godaddy Custom Domain for Blogs
4. Click on the Quick Add button in the box labeled CNAME(alias). If you’ve already created a CNAME record for your blog’s address, click the pencil icon next to the existing CNAME record. Get your unique CNAME for your blog, login to your Blogger account then go to Settings >> Basic >> Publishing
5. Add your costume domain then Click save then you will get an error and the unique CNAME of your blogs will show as the image shown bellow
6. Input the CNAME as the image shown below
7. After you are done adding records, click on Save Changes to save your edited data.
This is how you can change the existing domain IP address that now points to your Blogger IP address. Wait for few hours for the changes to take effect in your IP records. After that you can say bye bye to your old Blogger.com blog URL by changing it with your custom domain name.
Note: Just put your comment below if you need further help, thanks..