Image searches make up a significant amount of incoming traffic on fully customized blog, and this is a combination of two factors namely; Photos SEO Rich Titles and using the IMAGE ALT TAG when posting them. It only shows that images are main attractions of the site and this is a way to hook readers to engage them to read your blog. It has been a practice for so long that articles should be represented by images to make it more interesting to read.
One of the most important things in terms of SEO is the Image ALT Tag because these tags can get you a lot of traffic from the "Google Image Search" and it will surely improve everyone's blog's rank easily as I discussed on Optimizing Blog Post. This Code is based on the name you put to the Image so be sure to rename your image properly.
In this article I will discuss to you how to put IMAGE ALT TAG Automatically in your blog instantly without manipulating every image in your blog and with the use of only one script. Take note that you can even add an ALT Tag manually, but it takes sometime to add an Alt Tag to a post with many images.
Advantages of this Script for adding IMAGE ALT TAG Automatically
- Better Image SEO Results
- Adding Image Alt Tags are Easy and Automatic
- Image name will be automatically used as ALT TAGS
- "+" symbol is added instead of spaces which is good for SEO
- Multiple images in one post can be tagged with one easy process
- Less Effort with best Results
Disadvantages of this Script for adding IMAGE ALT TAG AutomaticallyThis code has some disadvantages which you will have to face as follows;
- This Script adds Alt tags to every single image on your blog which means that your some or most of your image will have tag that seems not pleasing to eyes, for example, I have named my logo as "the blog services" then the image alt tag will shows as the+blog+services. So make sure not to add space for your blog image title if you don't want this to happen.
- Share Buttons with images will also be tagged which will show these kinds of words on mouse over- Facebook, twitter, ThenblogservicesGPus, rss-feed and etc.
- This is surely useful at the same time it does something extra for your blog which makes it look like something awkward or not pleasing to readers eyes but that is not important at all.
How To This Script for adding IMAGE ALT TAG Automatically
1. Log in to your Blogger Dashboard and Click on Template2. Now click on Edit HTML-> Unfold code ►
3. Now find </body> by Pressing Ctrl + F
4. And Paste the below code above </body> and save your template
How to Check if it is Working as ExpectedTake note that most of over customized templates may lead to conflicting of codes which will result in failure of code to work as expected that's why it is important that you check whether the code is working or not in your blog. Follow the 3 steps below to verify if this script is working properly or not.
- Go to your blog address. Ex: www.theblogservices.net
- Click on any images in your blog
- Mouse-over on any images and you will see that the images name as alt tag will appear over the image in 1-2 seconds delay similar with the image shown below.
If you have further queries or any feedback just post your comment below, happy blogging everyone!